TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
1. Air Travel to Corfu
Each participant has to make his own travel arrangements for getting to Kerkyra, the main city of Corfu, where the conference will be held. Special arrangements for continuing to Crete, for those who intend to participate in the ISSS Congress, are currently being inquired and will be communicated as information becomes available.
Package tours including accommodation can be booked from abroad which are quite inexpensive in some cases. Most hotels offered in such combinations, however, are outside the city at the beaches, hence far from the congress site which is directly in the Old Town of the main City of Corfu. Sometimes it is possible to book the flight only, which is likely to be cheaper than a regular flight. Especially from Central Europe direct flights to Corfu may be available from such sources, while regular flights tend to pass through Athens with the need to change planes.
The airport is about 2 kms from the city. It takes approximately 10 minutes by taxi. The rate is about 5 Euro.
2. Hotels and Accommodation - Reservations
Rooms are blocked for our conference at the following hotels (details about the hotels see below):
- Arion Hotel: 20 single rooms - at 45 Euro per night and person
- Cavalieri Hotel : 10 double rooms -at 90 Euro per night and room = 45 per person
- Hotel Bella Venezia: 2 double rooms -at 59 Euro per night and room = 30 per person
- 1) The prices include breakfast and all taxes.
- 2) The prices are valid for the whole stay - participants are expected to arrive in principle on June 29 and to depart
- on July 6. However, some may arrive earlier and others may leave later.
- 3) At all hotels the rooms are blocked until April 15 at least. Our abstracts deadline being March 15, participants should have received the notification about the acceptance of their paper by April 1st.
- 4) Bookings are to be made by each participant himself directly with the respective hotel mentioning the 4th International Conference of Sociocybernetics in order to get our special conditions.
- 5) Arion Hotel and Cavalieri Hotel are asking for an advance payment of 100 Euro by credit card, Hotel Bella Venezia no advance payment is required. At present we are still negotiating to do without the advance payments too.
3. Hotels - Detailed Information
Information about hotels in the City of Corfu as well as Internet registration forms are available at the following URL: <http://www.corfuxenos.gr/pl/corfu_t-acc.htm>
All of these hotels are in short walking distance of the conference site, unless otherwise noted.
Arion Hotel - Class B - 105 Rooms
Single room 45 Euro (SOCIOCYBERNETICS)
Scherias 6, Corfu Town (Anemomylos), 49100, Greece
Tel.: +30 2 6610-37950-1
Fax: +30 2 6610-38904
15-20 minutes walking distance from the Old City (about 1.5 Euro by taxi)
Cavalieri Hotel - Class A - 50 Rooms
Double room 90 Euro (SOCIOCYBERNETICS)
Single room 90 Euro
4 Capodistriou Street, Corfu Town, 49100, Greece
Tel.: +30 2 6610-39041
Fax: +30 2 6610-39283/39336
Hotel Bella Venezia - Class B - 32 Rooms
Double room 59 Euro (SOCIOCYBERNETICS)
4 Zambeli Street, Corfu Town, 49100, Greece, PO Box 302
Tel.: +30 2 6610-46500/44290
Fax: +30 2 6610-20708
There is a great diversity of restaurants in the downtown area close to the conference site.
However, as we expect a full scientific programme, including evening sessions on some days (also a business meeting and a board meeting), we suggest to make arrangements for having lunch and dinner together at a place proposed by our local organizer.
At present there is an offer concerning meals at a good restaurant for 20 Euros. This includes a warm lunch and a warm dinner. A definite proposal will be made once the details of our conference schedule and especially the evening sessions will be fixed.