13) The board of the RC is responsible for the overall organizational and scientific production of the RC, and shall consist of: - a president; - a secretary; - a treasurer; - one to three vice-presidents; - a past president; - a minimum of four and a maximum of ten members, the exact number to be determined before the elections by the outgoing board, and each having a clearly described function.
14) The board shall contain no more than three members of the same country, while an effort shall be made to ensure a fair regional as well as disciplinary and gender representation. 15) The board may establish committees for specific purposes, and for a specified and limited duration, that will remain accountable to the board.
- President: BERND HORNUNG
- Honorary President: WALTER BUCKLEYand FELIX GEYER
- Vice-president: VESSELA MISHEVA
- Secretary: RICHARD E. LEE
- Newsletter editors: FELIX GEYER and COR VAN DIJKUM
- Editors for book reviews AND publications of members: PHILIP NICOLOPOULOS and BERNARD SCOTT. Please note: these two functions have been combined, and will both be fulfilled in mutual consultation
- Membership drive coordinator AND conference announcements: MICHAEL BYRON.
Please note: these functions have also been combined. As membership drive coordinator, Mike Byron will be assisted by GALIN GORNEV (Eastern Europe), JORGE GONZALEZ (the Latin world) and MICHAEL G. TERPSTRA (North America).
- Editors for new developments within and outside of the social sciences: TESSALENO CAMPOS DEVEZAS and PAUL MAITENY. Please note: new developments within the social sciences have been added to the original proposal, and this function will be fulfilled in mutual consultation.
- Interim conferences: overall coordinator: FRANCISCO PARRA-LUNA, with interim-conferences to be organized by:
- PHILIP NICOLOPOULOS (1999, Crete, Greece);
- CHAIME MARCUELLO (2000, Zaragoza, Spain);
- FRANCISCO PARRA-LUNA (2001, possibly Spain, preferably Latin-America)
- BERNARD SCOTT. Session coordinator for RC51 sessions at 15th World Congress of Sociology, Brisbane, Australia, 2002
- Webmaster: CHAIME MARCUELLO. Please note: This function was added after the original April 20 proposal for board functions was made, at a time when we did not have our present excellent website as yet.
- Scientific liaison with the Latin world: JORGE GONZALEZ .
Please note: this function was added in view of the increasing importance of the Latin world in our field.