Those students who:

have studied at a foreign university, but have not completed their studies,

have completed them but prefer to opt for recognition rather than apply for validation,

or have applied for validation of their studies and had their application rejected

should apply for the partial validation of their university studies, should they wish to continue their studies at the University of Zaragoza.

It is not possible to apply for validation and recognition of studies at the same time. If you choose to apply to have your degree validated as being equivalent to a Spanish degree and receive an unfavourable answer, you may apply for partial validation, providing such rejection is not based on any exclusions provided for by law.

The effects of partial validation of your studies are, generally speaking, purely academic, since this entitles you to continue your studies within the Spanish educational system. Such studies might culminate, where appropriate, in the conferment of the corresponding Spanish degree, upon completion of the relevant syllabus. This degree will have all appropriate validity without any form of distinction.

Studies that are included in the following causes for exclusion will not be subject to validation processes:

Lacking official academic validity in their country of origin

The education centres where such studies have been taken have no authority

The degree has already been officially recognised as being equivalent to a Spanish degree by the Spanish authorities

For students from countries where the official language is not Spanish (Castilian), a language test may be required.

The request should be submitted to the Centre where the student wishes to continue their studies. The dates usually fall in May (First phase) and in September (Second phase).

Documents to be submitted

Official academic certification of the studies taken and passed abroad.

Programme of the contents of the study plan of the subjects for which validation is requested.

All the documents submitted should be legalised and authenticated through diplomatic channels and, where appropriate, translated into Spanish by the competent authorities.

More information: